- Call us or your insurance company to report a claim as soon as possible.
- If your home is damaged inside and outside, be sure to advise us or your insurance company of both.
- Protect your property by making temporary repairs, if possible. Hire only licensed, reputable contractors for emergency repairs.
- Save receipts - repairs, food, lodging, everything.
- Make a list of the damage with descriptions. Gather receipts or canceled checks you've saved that indicate the value of damaged property.
- Take photos of all damage, indoors and outdoors.
- Be prepared for a visit by a claims representative. Make a note of the representative's name and the claim number assigned to your case.
- Secure one or more detailed estimates for permanent repairs, as soon as possible.
- If your home is not livable, keep us or your insurance company informed of where you can be reached. Save receipts for lodging, meals, telephone, mileage and other normal living expenses.
- Please be patient, especially if your property is not severely damaged. In a large storm, claim representatives will try to reach the worst cases first, especially those left homeless.
Free Quote in Minutes
Find out how much you could be saving, at no cost to you.
Insurance and Safety TipsMore Insurance Articles
Alaska Arizona California Colorado Florida Idaho Maryland Michigan Minnesota Montana Nevada New Mexico Oregon South Carolina Texas Utah Washington Wyoming